Good things to know about cable modems

Michael Webb wrote:
| Well then I would be a millionaire!!
|
| Jerry Feldman wrote:
| I wonder if Windows users can charge Microsoft for Vandalism each time they
| get a blue screen of death :-)
| On 3 Oct 2002 at 13:12, John Chambers wrote:
| > (If it's your own modem, I wonder how far you might get  if
| > you charge them with vandalism?  ;-)

Probably not for a blue screen of death (BSD ;-).  But I've
been  wondering  about  the automatic network upgrades that
Microsoft has been, uh, encouraging people to use. It seems
to  me  that  it's only a matter of time until someone sues
for damages after such an unexpected upgrade  of  something
critical.  Of course, you'd be going up against a 500-pound
gorilla in court.  But if you're a giant corporation  whose
operations  have  just been brought to a standstill by such
an event, you might well consider suing for damages.

I sure hope the spectacle is public ...