Good things to know about cable modems

On Thursday 03 October 2002 07:02 pm, John Chambers wrote:
> Michael Webb wrote:
> | Well then I would be a millionaire!!
> |
> | Jerry Feldman wrote:
> | I wonder if Windows users can charge Microsoft for Vandalism each time
> | they get a blue screen of death :-)
> |
> | On 3 Oct 2002 at 13:12, John Chambers wrote:
> | > (If it's your own modem, I wonder how far you might get  if
> | > you charge them with vandalism?  ;-)
>
> Probably not for a blue screen of death (BSD ;-).  But I've
> been  wondering  about  the automatic network upgrades that
> Microsoft has been, uh, encouraging people to use. It seems
> to  me  that  it's only a matter of time until someone sues
> for damages after such an unexpected upgrade  of  something
> critical.  Of course, you'd be going up against a 500-pound
> gorilla in court.  But if you're a giant corporation  whose
> operations  have  just been brought to a standstill by such
> an event, you might well consider suing for damages.

Nope.  The EULA precludes it.
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD     "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President,
DKK D      or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not
DK KD      only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
DDDD       American public."                              Theodore Roosevelt