Getting RedHat distro

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 02:10:00PM -0400, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
> >I'd like to try out mySQL: is that the database you're writing about? How
> >do I check if it's on my CD's?
>
> mySQL is definitely on the Red Hat 7.2 CDROMs I have. Just put the 2nd CD
> in the cdrom drive and the package manager should start up. Go to the
> NEW tab and find mySQL.

Option B: run rhn_register to register your computer w/ Red Hat.  Then
use up2date to install and update your (Red Hat) packages.  It's oh so
much easier to keep up w/ security errata.

BTW, for superstitous reasons, I always first update 'up2date', and then
'rpm', before I update any other packages.  Just in case updates to
either of these two packages cure any package dependency problems.

Registering a single system is free.  Registering multiple systems such
that they can be managed w/ the same account costs money.  If you pay
for your system's registration, you get priority access in times of high
server load, such as when fixes to exploits are announced.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\