What's the best distribution?

Ah, yes.  The perennial question.

I stayed out the last time someone posted this question to the list, but I
can't hold back anymore.

I like Mandrake.

But I didn't have any basis for comparison, which is why I bowed out before.
And I just ran across several reviews...

But before I quote them, there are two items I do have personal experience
with.

- Mandrake has supermount for removable media.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but
the other distro's haven't adopted it.  It's a little thing, but makes my
computer more friendly.

- Red Hat has had a habit of releasing code before it's ready for prime time.
I use Linux commerically, and just don't have time for it.  There was the
fiasco with the 2.96 gcc compiler.  And as soon as Gnome could compile, it
was installed as the default desktop.  But the Gnome folks had decided to
re-write anything that wasn't GPL'd, and they made mistakes and omissions. I
found that they had re-written xdm, but forgot to install all the standard
entrys in .Xauthority, so I couldn't run X applications remotely.  That's
when I switched to Mandrake.

- Mandrake has included more window managers, filesystems, and applications
(e.g., xemacs) than other distro's.

I found these notes on www.extremetech.com, who, in the end, rate Mandrake a
9 (10 is highest), RedHat an 8, and SUSE a 7.

"Mandrake, Red Hat, and SuSE each have complete Control Centers. I personally
find that Mandrake does the best job of simplifying and streamlining the way
that their tools are used during installation. Mandrake's daily
administration tools are organized in categories, (such as networks,
printers, etc.). SuSE organizes their tools very well for day-to-day
administration, categorizing and organizing each set of features together.
SuSE keeps the same organization and displays an almost identical Control
Center to configure the system during installation. While this is great for
consistency, I believe it puts too much burden on an inexperienced software
installer."

"SuSE also needs work with the overall GNOME setup. SuSE is easy to install,
includes a great disk resizing wizard, is easy to set up, has a lot of useful
software, and very good documentation. But it's just not as good as the
others."

I stand ready to be flamed.