What's the best distribution?

Some people called trouble, I called fun.Debian is fun and gentoo is
also really fun to work with. now it depends how much you dominate
GNU/Linux it will be trouble or a matter of simple doing what you do
anyways but all at once in the instalation.
When I do a Instalation on any distribution(usually none of them is 100%
to my needs ) I end up using them as base for my own system, so I end up
wasting more time that way than downloading Gentoo and doing it all at
once and leave it installing for a night, when I come back in the
morning is all set. since you get to add your own  compiler options in a
configuration file gentoo uses, so you don't need to be phisically there
in the instalation of each component. the result a system compiled from
the grown up for your hardware, like you want it to be, and with only
the software you really need, and the software version you like. no need
to wait for a RPM to have the latest stable kernel,Apache,mysql  gnome
or Xfree if you use it as a desktop. dependencys problems? 0... problems
after the instation 0... how easie is to update? simple type
-emerge rsync to update your list of gentoo ftp ready scripts to
install.
-emerge --update system
-emerge --update world

run that everynight and you have a system updated every day from
sources.
now I have to agree that to run a system like that is better to know
really well how the GNU/Linux system works and be able to configure all
software with out the need of any X or User friendly configuration
tools. (just the way I think every UNIX sysadmin "MUST KNOW" anyways).

of course this i just my opinion and what it makes me happy.
so yes I vote Gentoo and Debian 3.0.

rek2