ext2 Advice

The data is still there, we just have no way to address files, right?

If so, and if the data is faily "consistent" with a defined header and footer -- like his JPEGs -- couldn't dd the data off and into a new file? Assuming the files are contiguous...

I'm probably underestimating the problems that disk fragmentation would pose, and completely ignorant of other greater problems, but those are my thoughts.

-Scott