Jop posting: computer operator

It's not much, but if some of the unemployed among our ranks want some work to
tide them over...

http://jobs.boston.com/texis/js/job.html?id=3dd132be64
The Cypress Group

Junior Unix Computer Opera
OPS

Boston, MA United States
We are currently searching for a part time member od our staff to assist with
support and backup of UNIX AIX servers. You will be working directly with the
Systems Administrator and IT staff to install OS upgrades, review systems
error logs, file system usage and other log files, maintain hardware and
printers, perform, maintain, and monitor nightly backups of our systems, and
maintain an inventory of backup media and tape inventories. In this position,
you will also be assisiting and monitoring system wide computer systems,
assisting in the setup and disassembly of equipment, and maintain email and
FTP accounts for staff.

The ideal candidate will posess a degree (BS) in an applicable field, have
hands on experience with AIX Unix, and some knowledge of, and/or prior
experience with unix scripting (C/C++). This is a part time position ( 22.5
hrs wk), and we are searching for someone to initially work from 9 AM to 1:30
PM, and after training, hours will change to 7 AM to 11:30 AM. This position
will be ideal for a night program student, or for an experienced Unix
operations staffer that is interested in working part time.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "Democracy is the art and science of running the circus
DK KD  from the monkey cage."
DDDD                                                 -H. L. Mencken