further random questions from the newly-unemployed

Subject: further random questions from the newly-unemployed

Seth asked:
"(1) When I'm applying for a job through a Web
form, and the form has a TEXTAREA field for
typing in a cover letter, what's the appropriate
style for the letter?"

I have found that emailing a cover letter with
an attached resume works better than applying
on-line. The style that got the most response
for me was something they call at T-style (I
think) where you take the list of qualifications
or requirements and you answer how you meet or
exceed each one of them. I have been taking the
risk of sending HTML formatted cover letters
instead of plain text so that I can indent and
bold my answers to set them apart from the
requirements. Since I have been doing this, the
number of responses and the number of interviews
has increased greatly.

Unfortunately I still haven't landed a job. I am
a network administrator with over 20 networking
certifications including MCSE, CCNA, and SCSA
for Solaris 8.

Jim Long

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/wp.epl?a=2716