further random questions from the newly-unemployed

   Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:40:06 -0500
   From: "Derek D. Martin" <blu at sophic.org>

   At some point hitherto, Robert L Krawitz hath spake thusly:
   >    From: David Kramer <david at thekramers.net>
   >    Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:43:20 -0500
   >
   >    Of course my resume attachment is in MSWord, but my cover letter
   >    also points to where on my website they can get the most recent
   >    format in MSWord, Text, and HTML, which I always keep in sync.
   >
   > To what end?  Nobody's going to read your cover letter twice.
   > Certainly nobody's going to bother clicking through to your web site
   > even once.

   I'm pretty sure he was referring to his resume, not the cover letter
   itself...

That's exactly my point; nobody's going to read his cover letter, see
the URL for his updated resume, bookmark it, and keep checking back to
see if it's been updated.