From: "Scott Maddern" <smaddern at attbi.com>
To: <jabr at blu.org>
Subject: Contacts regarding impacts of Linux
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:34:12 -0500

Hi John,
Could you help me find someone who can share their experience about the
impact of implementing Linux in multiple technical organizations with a
company? These organizations would include Applications Engineering,
Systems
Engineering, Customer Support (1st & 2nd level help desks) and Central
Engineering.   The requested help isn't about about programming and porting
but more about post-sales support and the impacts (training and learning
curve, volume of call relative to other OSs, manpower changes) within the
technical organizations.

I'm helping a friend who works at a company who'd rather not disclose their
name.  The company is launching their first products shortly and will
provide broad support next year.  The company produces highly scalable
multiprocessor embedded systems.  Some, or accessibly all, of the
processors
in a system will run Linux.  I don't know the volume of shipments but I'd
estimate they could run into the hundred of processors by the middle of
next
year.
Sincerely,

Scott Maddern << smaddern at attbi.com >>