Enterprise Linux Conference

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 08:35:35PM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 December 2002 05:04 pm, kgleason.ma.ultranet at rcn.com wrote:
> > Frankly, I was a bit disappointed with the first 1/2 day.
>
> I was very disappointed that the "expo floor" was about a dozen booths.  There
> was an actual echo in the room.  The seminars and keynotes also seemed about
> 75% capacity.
>
> I only signed up for the exhibits, since I'm po.  I learned, thanks to Karl
> and Christian, that one can sneak into the seminars, and I plan on doing some
> of that tomorrow.

I snuck into the IBM keynote, without even paying the registration fee
for the expo floor. (I stuck my head in the door there and was shocked.)

The only real news IBM had was that, after a decade of never selling a
mainframe to anyone who didn't already have one, they have got new
customers -- 100% due to Linux on S/390.

> Yup.  it would have been nice if we set up a table, or at least put out some
> flyers.  Oh well.

I looked around for you, but didn't see you. Sorry.

-dsr-

--
Network engineer looking for work in Boston area.
Resume at http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr/