redhat 7.0 boot hang issue

My company runs redhat 7.0 on its rackmount server for
its web and email functions.  After an apparent
intrusion,  the server will no longer do full reboot--
it hangs after the "freeing 76k memory" point.  It
will reboot under linux init=/bin/bash rw.

You probably know that redhat doesn't support the
product,  our inhouse people have not been able to
locate the issue,  and solving the problem buy upgrade
requires a minimum of anouth 120 hours of downtime.

Is there anyone who can help for love or money?

Hugh Rutledge
International Press
617-623-2033