Request for assistance

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:34:20AM -0500, John Abreau wrote:

> While I can't check it sepcifically, as that file doesn't seem to
> exist on a RedHat 8.0 system, I wouldn't expect that "update_sendmail"
> would muck around with cron; that would be very error-prone, not to
> mention it would defeat the whole point of the sysadmin wanting fine
> control over scheduling the queue runs.
>
> If you're going to use cron for this, you'll have to add your own
> crontab entries by hand to invoke "sendmail -q" at the times you want
> it to run.

It updates /etc/cron.d/sendmail.  The /etc/mail/sendmail.conf file also
has options for specifying the interval between queue runs.

I think for now I'll set up to only listen on 127.0.0.1, and run in
daemon mode.

I agree with Derek, sendmail on Debian appears somewhat broken.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\