instability on new remote server

On the keyboard issue,  the server is a remote,
rackmount server and isn't supposed to have a keyboard
(though I do want it to check in case I'm there to
give it on-site instructions.)  But I also want it to
boot without making an issue of the keyboard's
absence-- when like this time the keyboard isn't
there.

Hugh