Java Plugin

Derek suggested more RAM -- 128MB is cutting it close for a "desktop".

There are strategies for conserving RAM... a default Redhat install will install bells and whistles, which take up RAM. There are online articles for trimming memory bloat of a default install (search Google).

You might also locate a newer Mozilla rpm -- which could reduce RAM usage -- from mozillazine.org. Review the current status, then grab say a rpm for 1.2. Redhat does not include the latest releases of Mozilla presumably because when they start the 8.0 beta, Mozilla 1.2 or 1.1 were still in a state of flux.

You can also try temporarily switching from a GNOME/KDE "desktop", to a more lightweight window manager such as WindowMaker or Afterstep.

But you really should consider more RAM.

Scott