Failure to boot install-disk from SCSI CD-ROM drive.

Just like everyone else responding...  I don't know about mandrake.

BUT

I've been booting RedHat's install CD on my SCSI based servers at home
for years...  No problems...

The key, is whether or not your specific driver is included in the
CDROM's boot-able install kernel.  Can you post what specific controller
you have and perhaps we can give you more info.

Infact, you're best 1st line defense is to google for something like:

	mandrake <scsi-card> install

And see what pops up.

I'd also be curious to see what an 'lsmod' shows on your failed install
attempt (if you ever get to the point of a accessing a shell).