Quick and easy Linux

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:39:17AM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> And one of my students just got Red Hat on his laptop. I was
> wondering if there is a decent low cost book that they could get to
> bootstrap them. [...]  The guy with Red Hat wants to print the man
> pages.

I want to do that now and then too!

Online man pages are great for looking up something specific, but they
are terrible for browsing to discover things one wouldn't think to ask
about.

One of the cool things about a Red Hat installation is that there are
a zillion cool things in there.  One of the confusing things about a
Red Hat installation is that it is hard to wrap one's head around a
zillion things all at once.

I am curious too, what *is* a good bootstrap book?

-kb, the Kent who recently discovered the "ip" command and the fact
there there is an enormous world behind it.