what they want...

> I had contemplated getting Sun's Java certification and/or the LPI
> certification, but one of my headhunters told me it wasn't worth the
> cost; there are so many people out there with those certificates that
> employers don't pay attention to them.  In this market, experience is
> about the only thing that counts.

I think some certifications are more marketable than others, specifically
CISCO and MCSE certs. I think that Linux/Unix and language certifications
are less important because of the nature of the beast, in that experience is
really a more valid indicator of knowledge in most cases.
Just my opinion,
Grant M.