Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, February 19, 2003 Handheld Linux and the HP/Compaq iPaq

When: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 7:00 PM (6:30 for general Q&A)
Topic:  Handheld Linux and the HP/Compaq iPaq
Location:  MIT Building 4-370
*** NOTE: Location back to our semi-regular room.
Presented by Jamey Hicks, Hewlett Packard Company - Jamey.Hicks at hp
dot com

An overview of Linux on the iPaq, as seen previously at our September
2000 meeting.

The Linux distribution on Handhelds.org has come a long way since its
launch in June of 2000 and the last talk about it at the Boston Linux
and Unix September 2000 meeting. This talk will describe the current
state of Linux on handhelds, focusing on the HP iPAQ and the Familiar
Linux distribution from handhelds.org. The Familiar distribution now
includes both a GTK-based PIM (GPE) and a Qt based PIM suite (OPIE) but
also can run many other standard Linux applications, drawing on the
Debian ARM distribution.

In addition to the high level overview, this talk will cover some of the
interesting aspects of handheld computer architecture that differentiate
it from PDA's and desktop, server and embedded computing.

Please see the BLU website (http://www.blu.org) for further information,
parking and directions.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>