[OT] Visual C++ question

Unfortunately the Unix environment is going away. NEU has Visual C++ and
Borland C++ installed on the PCs. The Unix environment was Tru64 Unix
that has a fully ANSI compliant compiler that also allows non-ANSI
compliant K&R.
Anyhow, I got the answers I was looking for.
BTW: I have a list of free C compilers on my syllabus so the students
can download them to their home systems. I even had one student install
Red Hat on his laptop.
While I allow nearly any C program that compiles, the one construct that
will earn a student a ZERO is:
void main()
or
void main(int argc, char **argv)

That construct is illegal in both K&R, ANSI 89 and ANSI98(although I
don't have a copy of the official standard).

C++ comments are allowed in my course although they are specifically
illegal in ANSI 89. Most compilers allow them when not in strict ANSI
mode.