[OT] Visual C++ question

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 05:12:15PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:37:58PM -0500, jerry wrote:
> > Wow, when I took C @ Northeastern, the only requirement was that the
> > assignment compiles without errors or warnings on the school's Unix
> > environment
>
> That was true at U-Mass Lowell when I took CS I and II, though I think
> they're using VC++ to teach (at least one of) those courses now.

It depends largely on the preference of the professor. For a few
semesters, when another professor took over for the normal Computing I
professor, he had everyone use Visual C++, and submit the full
workspace on a floppy disk. When the normal professor started teaching
the course again, it was back to using gcc on the Tru64.