NEISUG needs Linux speaker for Thursday, March 20th

Is anyone available to help this guy?

Thanks.

- ------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:31:44 -0500
From: Wayne Pierce <wayne at mishre.com>
Subject: Linux presentation for March 20th?

   The New England Information Security Users Group ("NEISUG") had a
presentation scheduled for March 20, which was canceled recently, on the
different ways Linux could be used to help secure an organization.
Rather than describing how to lock down a box the focus was going to be
more on monitoring, honeypots, forensics, IDS, etc.

   I know it is short notice, but would you be willing to see if any
members would be willing to present on this or something similar?  The
co-presenter will be Sophos who will talk about virus issues on Linux
systems.

   Demonstrations are a must for the main presentation.  I can help with
this, I have some experience with Linux and can get a desktop and laptop
for use in the demonstration if needed; they are my personal systems, so
the whole system cannot be destroyed. :)  I can reload the Linux
partitions if needed, presently both are running Red Hat 8.0 with patches.

   Thank you for your consideration,

Wayne

- - --
Wayne Pierce
wayne at mishre.com

New England Information Security Users Group ("NEISUG")
http://www.neisug.com

Regional Electronic And Computer Crimes Taskforce ("REACCT")
http://www.raynhampd.com/REACCT.htm

- ------- End of Forwarded Message

- --
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9