Is there a Proxomitron clone for Linux?

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 01:04:56AM -0500, Bill Horne wrote:
> I've had good results using The Proxomitron ad-blocker on my windoze box,
> and would like to get an equivalent filter for Linux.
>
> Please pass along your opinions about how I can best eliminate pop-ups,
> animated GIF's, etc. All suggestions welcome.

Mozilla allows to disable javascript from opening unrequested windows.

As for animated gifs, one solution is to use a caching dns server setup
to send dns queries for the domains hosting the ads into the abyss.  Two
steps: (1) configure your dns server to be authoritative for the
domains, (2) configure your resolv.conf to use localhost for name
lookups.  If you're using a dhcp client to set resolv.conf, you'll
likely need to edit the client's config to manually override the
nameserver setting.

I have a named.conf based on debian stable's bind9 config at home that
looks like so:

acl "homenets" { 172.16.0.0/16; 172.17.0.0/16; 127.0.0.1/32; };

options {
	allow-query { "homenets"; };
	directory "/var/cache/bind";
	auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
};

// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
	type hint;
	file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};

// be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
// broadcast zones as per RFC 1912

zone "localhost" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.local";
};

zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.127";
};

zone "0.in-addr.arpa" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.0";
};

zone "255.in-addr.arpa" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.255";
};

// dns blackhole.  db.local says nothing about these domains, so name
// queries simply evaporate.

zone "atwola.com" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/db.local";