How to control kde borders & titles

| On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 04:13:20AM +0000, John Chambers wrote:
| > Does anyone know how kde decides what windows have borders  (and  how
| > thick), title bars, etc.?

| All of this is controlled by the theme of KWM.

Actually, I've already demonstrated to my satisfaction that  this  is
not  true at all.  One of the first things that I tried was switching
themes.  This got me different kinds of borders and titlebars on  the
windows  that  had  them, yes, but it had no effect whatsoever on the
xterm windows.  All the themes left xterms  without  any  borders  or
titlebars.  This is conclusive proof that the turning on/off of these
decorations is not controlled by the theme.

Yeah, I know that it's done by the wm. That isn't a clue at all.  How
do  you  tell kwm to turn them back on?  Why would it suddenly change
its behavior?  Was it something I said?  I'll apologize to kwm, if  I
can find the right language to apologize in ...

Or maybe I should just see if I can get it to turn them all off. If I
could figure out how to do moving, resizing and (d)iconifying without
window borders, I'd have a situation a lot like  the  good  old  xwm,
which  gives  you a lot more usable screen space, but no longer seems
to be included in any linux distributions.  ;-)