catastrophic system recovery software

My boss has asked me to come up with a method of dealing with catastrophic
system recorvery.
He doesn't care how it's done under the covers but what he wants is a
single step to create a
bootable CD containing the system image that can be inserted into a dead
system (after the
HW is fixed) and just powered on to install the image on the dead system
system.

I've never heard of any single tool like this for Linux, comercial packages
are fine.

The systems are running RedHat 7.2 (7.3 for the newer systems) on a SCSI
drives in a HW
RAID 5 configuration.  I was wondering if I could cat /dev/sda though gzip
to create the image
itself then have a bootable CD that uncomresses that back to /dev/sda.

                              -fjr

Frank Ramsay
Systems Programmer
Castel, Inc