Home Net Question ...

Greetings

I established a (windoze) Home WiFi Net using
a LinkSys Wireless Access Point (4 port) Router,
which works fine. A remote win98 machine
communicates well from the other end of the house.

While talking to LinkSys support, to solve a minor
config. problem, I indicated that I wanted to use
a LinkSys LNE100 NIC (ether)card to network a Linux
(RH 7.3) machine (co-located to the router),
as the next step in the plan.

I was surprised when the guy said "We don't have
a driver for Linux" (?)

Perhaps another NIC is a better choice?

May I assume that generic NIC drivers existing in
the kernel 2.4.18 will probably work, or do I need to
turn right, at this point?

Any suggestions are welcome ...

paulc