Need video card recommendation

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, DJ wrote:
>    Unfortunately, the only card I can think of that is best suited is an
> ATi All-in-Wonder card.  Any chance of trying out XFree86 4.3.0 to see if
> there were any technical fixes for the radeon card?  Or maybe it's the
> timings (VESA or custom)?

I will see if XFree86 4.3.0 is available for Red Hat 7.3.

>    Is that motherboard's AGP slot that restrictive to require AGP8x
> cards?  Could AGP4x work with it?  AGP8x cards aren't in abundance and it'd
> baffle me if it cannot take 4x cards.

It will work with 4X.  In fact, the ATI AIW card is a AGP4X.  I just tend
to buy the newer standards so they last longer, but I'm fine buying a 4X.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "The political lesson of Watergate is this: Never again must
DKK D  America allow an arrogant, elite guard of political adolescents to
DK KD  by-pass the regular party organization and dictate the terms of a
DDDD   national election."                          - Gerald R. Ford (1913-)