Moving to boston-General Tech questions

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 11:56 pm, Clint M. Sand wrote:

Welcome!

> I'm really happy to see a linux users group in boston. With all the
> history there (MIT for example) I'm starting to gather that the tech
> scene kicks ass. A big improvement from New Orleans, trust me. :-)

There is a lot of technology here, but not a lot of open jobs.  The northeast
has lost many thousands of jobs.  Many of us have been out of work for a year
or more.

> Can anyone give me some pointers for job searching in the info sec /
> unix admin job market in the boston area? I saw that there is a job
> specific list for blu members, but that you must attend scheduled
> meetings to subscribe.

I don't think you need to show up to be on any of our mailing lists, but I
don't think that list is active anymore.  I've posted job listings to the
discuss list, though.

I'm working on a page of job search links:
http://thekramers.net/jobsearch/links.phtml

I also host a mailing list for discussing business, the job market, and the
economy in the northeast.