Fw: Linux at the FoxPro Group Wednesday Evening May 21, 2003

Unfortunately, this meeting occurs on the same night as the BLU monthly
meeting.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ted Roche" <tedroche at tedroche.com>

The FoxPro Users Group is holding a special meeting on May 21, and I
wanted to invite you or another member of your group to participate, if
you're interested.

Whil Hentzen, a developer, writer and book publisher from Milwaukee, has
been stirring up some controversy recently by demonstrating Visual
FoxPro running under Wine on Linux. He was told to stop my a Microsoft
PM, and the subsequent flap was popularized in The Register, on Slashdot
and in Ed Foster's GripeLine. The controversy is not over yet.

Whil will be in town to present "Expanding your VFP Skillset with Linux"
on May 21, 6 Pm to 9PM at the New York Life Investment Management
building in Norwood. Details and directions are on the VFP web site at
http://www.bostonusergroups.com/vfpboston. If you or another member of
the group would like to come and let the audience know when your
meetings are, when you have Installfests scheduled, or distribute
handouts or CDs, you would be more than welcome. While you can never
tell how many people will show up, we're hoping for 100 people.

Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

If there are other groups or activists you'd recommend I should contact,
I'd welcome the help.

Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com

--