attbi.com -> comcast.net

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 12:52:10AM -0400, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Comcast sent out a mass-mailing detailing the transition from attbi.com
> to comcast.net on 6/30.  Unfortunately, they have created "special"
> software for Windows and Mac to do the conversion.  They indicate that
> they do not have software for Linux but manual instructions should be
> available on 6/30.  Of course, that gives noone any advanced notice.
> So, has anyone looked at what needs to change?  Has anyone contacted
> tech support to ask and/or complain?

My interpretation of that page is that there will be new email servers.
They haven't worked out all the details - or maybe they don't want people
switching too early - so instead they're apparently distributing a benign
virus to Windows and Mac users that'll install the right settings in
various common clients when Comcast broadcasts them. Sort of a reverse
DDOS attack :-). Kinda frightening, isn't it?

Nathan Meyers
nmeyers at javalinux.net