Python and GTK2 poll

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 22:20, Scott Prive wrote:
> Out of curiousity I am interested in knowing how many folks here have been
> developing applications using Python + GTK.
>
> As for my views, I'm floored at how well the two work together, and at the
> quantity and high quality of the documentation, and how little code is
> needed to get something that's functional. GTK2 is also a lot better behaved
> on Win32 platforms, and I'm finding I need to make no changes at all to get
> an application working on multiple platforms. That's pretty sweet. :-)

I've been using wxPython with the GTK implementation of WxWindows, and
like it a lot.  Mostly I've just been playing with toy applications, but
it is sooooo easy.  I really like having a good language and good tools.

In my opinion, the Python community should adopt wxPython as the new
standard GUI system and drop Tkinter.  I believe that WxWindows is now
available on Mac, as well as Windows and Unix, and it offers native L&F
for each of the platforms it supports.  (For Unix, there are X11aw and
GTK options).

Dave

--
David J. C. Beach