Perl question

On Thursday 22 May 2003 12:20 pm, Eric Schwartz wrote:
> Hello all,
>          Thank you for your help in this matter.  I have decided to move
> forward with using "html scraping"  I am using this code from a book on
> perl, and i cant seem to get it to work.  I tried to modify it to search
> specifically for estimated pages remaining, and I want it to look for the
> group of numbers that is right after, but i dont seem to be doing anything
> right.  When I run this code it prints "here it is" and nothing
> else.  Maybe because it just finds a blank space after the designated
> search, im not sure.  Here is a small clip of the html i am looking at:

When you first posted your perl questions, I sent you real, working, *TESTED*
code based on the sample data you posted.  Maybe you should start with that.

If for some reason you can't or won't do that, how about telling us what page
in what book you are looking at, and tell us exactly what problems are
occurring, so we can help you diagnose it.

One more recommendation: Most books today either include a CD with the
sourcecode, or it's available online. I would recommend using it.  There were
enough typographical errors in your sample code that could not possibly have
been in the book, you will likely save a lot of time and frustration at least
starting with working code.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  If I can't do computers for money anymore, I'll probably have to go
DKK D  back to being a starving artist.  At least that way you're not
DK KD  surprised when you don't have any money.
DDDD                                                             -Bob Bruhin