H1B

On Thursday 29 May 2003 06:21 am, Wizard wrote:
> > It doesn't matter what he said.  Companies like EMC, Sun, and MSFT are
> > lobbying the federal government on a regular basis and donating
> > huge sums of
> > soft money.
> >
> > The laws will not change anytime soon, nor will the lax enforcement of
> > deporting H1B's who lose their jobs
>
> Perhaps we should start lobbying for H1B visas for gubernatorial
> candidates? or just politicians in general. Who cares if they can speak
> English or not, I can't understand a word most politicians say anyway. God
> knows, we can't seem to find any qualified candidates in this state, at
> least.
> Grant M.

This is not really the right forum for this discussion, but if you think
politicians are going to listen to a couple of whining jobless geeks instead
of large companies paying [presumably some] taxes and donating millions in
soft money, you are being idealistic.

Government does not work that way, and hasn't since the first days of the
unionization movement.

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD