H1B

The H1-B thing really has me angry... it's still goin on despite high tech
unemployment.

"Real" immigration happens all the time, which for me is OK... sure, these
people join the labor force and work cheap and work hard, but that's how we
all got roots in the USA. But H1-B is *not* immigration... these people are
not required to become citizens, , have no vested interest in this nation
(however much they might want to "stay" here).

But H1-B's are not the worst thing... do a search on the "Export-Import
Bank"... low-interest loans and grants to assist companies that want to shut
down US factories and move them overseas. That's right... the government
PAYS them to do this (as if the lack of fair labor and environment offshore
and in Mexico was not incentive enough).

So if your elected representitive claims there is `no money' for extending
Unemployment benefits... kindly REMIND them that the Ex-Im Bank has a
whopping $1Bn budget, and the authorization to make up to 15 Billion in
taxpayer-guaranteed loans anually. The program is very successful at
"creating jobs"... just not in the USA...

Is it unreasonable to accuse lobbyists and politicians behind H1-B and the
Ex-Im bank programs, as commiting some form of "economic treason"? They
don't seem to have our interests at heart, that's for sure..

-Scott
(Who was recently unemployed, but thankfully has work now)