[no subject]

"We have reduced our total workforce during the past two years," Eden said.
"At the same time we have bulked up in the the growing areas of our
businesss, specifically storage management software and storage-related
professional services."

Still, the company has had to rely on foreign workers through the H1B visa
program to fill the gaps, Eden said.

EMC, as a big employer presumably seeking lower labor costs, is being
disingenuous, claiming that even during this downturn, they were "forced" to
hire staff with H1B's, due to a lack of qualified natives.

I was unemployed for 9 months last year, and sent numerous resumes to EMC, and
never heard a peep.  I'm pretty sure that most of my colleagues who know my
work don't consider me "unqualified" to write software.

Maybe if Eden is laid off, he could apply for Fleischer's job at the White
House, since he has what it takes.