Anyone hiring?

Henry wrote:
> My company is relocating one of its offices which I have been working
> at.  Its new office is rather to far from my home.  Though they offer
> relocation package, I prefer to stay in Boston area.  I now need to find
> a new job in the Greater Boston area to work.

Given the experience of my friends, I'd say you should take the package unless
you can afford to go without work for 12+ months.  Maybe you could arrange a
swap:  post here the name of the city where the job would be, and see if
someone with an existing SA job that you could take over wants to move to the
new city.  Kind of far-fetched but it might work.

-rich
P.S.  Note to Robert LaFerla on that other job-related topic, H1B:  your
tariff incentives don't work in the era of a fortune500-friendly Republican
administration and NAFTA.  In the long term, it won't be possible to tell
where any product was made, as Scott Prive points out in the case of
automobiles whose parts are made in 20 different countries (same is true of
computers, even name-brand ones).  Only solution to create new tech jobs is
for American companies to focus on American inventions, and to substantially
beef up American governmental support for basic and applied research in the
sciences.