Copying to CD and file slack?

Hello,

Someone asked me a question today and I was not able to find the answer
for them within a few internet searches.  Maybe someone here can point
me in the right direction?  The question is for operation systems and CD
burning applications in general.

When burning a local file from the hard drive to a clean CD-ROM, I
believe the source file is only read to the end of file marker and not
beyond.  Also, I believe the bits on the last utilized block for the
destination file on the CD medium are just padded with zeroes after the
end of file marker.  Is this essentially true?

The concern is for remote possibility of transferring slack bytes from
the source to the destination medium.  I would not think it would be a
problem, but I do not know for sure.  Anyone?  I am not subscribed here
at work, so please include this address in your reply if you can shed
some light on this one.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Young