X over SSH

I did get X forwarding working at least in part over SSH thanks to BLU, but
I have a minor problem: I have an RH9 box that I want to forward the entire
display from a Solaris 9 box to. I tried connecting and running Xsession,
but after the Solaris 'starting CDE' screen, it just dropped back to the KDE
Linux desktop and wouldn't work a second time. I can still forward any other
X app that I've tried, but the whole desktop doesn't appear to work. I tried
"dwm", "Xsun", and "fbconsole" but none appears to do anything (Xsun says
it's already running). I was wondering if anyone has accomplished this or a
similar task? Any suggestions? Even if I could just get the application
panel from the bottom of the Sun display onto the RH box, I think I might be
happy.
Thanks,
Grant M.