What SCO wants...

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 18:24, Charles Peterman wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, John Chambers wrote:
>
> > start,  while  most  companies'  code  is  kept secret, it's far more
> > likely that any shared code was stolen from linux.
>
> Having worked with kernels on *BSD, Linux,
> and proprietary OS's, I see more code misappropriated (used, but with
> copyright notice removed) from *BSD.  Specifically, the Linux ata driver
> source code was lifted, verbatim, from FreeBSD.  The FreeBSD
> contributor/author, Soren Schmidt, called this to light when he found his
> code checked into the Linux kernel with the BSD copyright and his name
> removed.
>
> If you want to read about it:
>
> http://bsd.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/09/24/1432223&mode=thread

Actually, the Linux ATA drivers were worked heavily by a number of
different authors.

The article you link to refers to some headers in the ATA Raid code for
linux.

"The reading of the RAID config from the disks is their own code, but is
clearly "inspired" from our code,"

--
Gregory Boyce <gboyce2 at badbelly.com>