WiFi with mandrake

Ok, I replaced my laptop's hard drive and while I was at it upgraded to
Mandrake 9.1.  I'm trying to get wireless working but something seems to
have changed.  On my old machine (Mandrake 8.x) I had an interface wlan0
configured, and kept eth0 for my Xircom ethernet card.

Mandrake 9 seems to detect my wireless Netgear card, but wants to call it
eth0.  I can live with that.  The problem is that it's not working and I
can't just copy my old scripts from the other box because they're all on
wlan0.

In particular, the setup wizard wants me to specify a bunch of wireless
parameters to be associated with the network device, such as NWID, FREQ
(but no CHANNEL, which I would have expected) and WEP KEY.  In particular
I know my wep key but don't know what format it wants me to type it in.

I've been googling around for some help but haven't found anything yet.

Duane