Well, it works now. Re: WiFi with mandrake

Can't put my finger on exactly what I did but I basically breadcrumbed my
way through the various ifup scripts and tested lots of env variables to
make sure everything was being fed to iwconfig properly.  It appears that
wireless.opts is never being executed, which is interesting.  I also added
KEY= and CHANNEL= to my ifcfg-eth0 file.

Also, that whole 169.x thing seems to be an IPv6 related thing.  The only
reference I could find in any of my scripts was in network-functions-IPv6,
where it assumes this address in some situations.  I also commented this
out (since 192.168.x.x was next in line).

Duane