Printing - Saving color for Web Pages with background images?

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 06:44, Subba Rao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there is anyway to avoid printing the background images
> of Web pages.  These images are using up the color cartridges fast.  If the
> Web page is 1 or 2 pages long then it is not a problem.  The problem is with
> 10+ pages where the Web page background images uses up all the ink.
>
> Is there any way to avoid print the backgroud images on Web pages?  All I want
> is the content and any pertinent diagrams on the page to be printed.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.

Well, it depends on how much work you want to put into it.

The quickest solution is to print in black and white instead of color.
Assuming you have a B&W cartridge along with your color cartridge, you
should be able to select to have the entire page printed in black and
white.  You're still wasting ink, but it's cheaper ink.

For a better but more time consuming solution, save the webpage to disk,
remove the background reference, and load the local copy into your
browser.  Then print from there.

--
Gregory Boyce <gboyce2 at badbelly.com>