mkisofs -dvd-video from a fat32 filesystem

I was able to create >2gb files on an ext3 filesystem, so it looks like the
2gb filesize limit I hit was due to the fat32 lba filesystem.

I also found:

http://freesourcecodes.tripod.com/ext2.htm
 - Ext2 File System Driver for Windows NT
"This driver is still in the beta testing stage. So use it at
your own risk. ;)"

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm
 - the WIN32 explorer for Linux ex2fs partitions
allows copying to/from, but not mounting
"'Permanent beta' software"

I found these with hints from fnord in #linux on irc.freenode.net.

So my disk is split in half, half ext3, half fat32.  I am rather squeamish
about beta filesystem implementations, so I haven't tried any of the
above yet (but I also haven't booted to windows since I got my dvd+r).

My current problems are insufficient space to back up one of my video DVDs
to (4.7gb) DVD+Rs.  I've seen windows software that would backup a DVD to
multiple DVD+Rs, but I haven't seen a way to do that under Linux yet.
dvdbackup also has an option to extract just the main feature, which I
haven't tried yet (it doesn't explicitly say that would result in a usable
backup).

--
"If you are not paranoid... you may not be paying attention."