best new video cards for linux?

ATI has all but abandoned support for Linux. It has not released a driver
since 11/2002 and has no plans to release future drivers.

NVIDIA regularly releases their own closed source driver which easily
installs and self configures (provided that you already have a local copy
of your kernel source).

TV-Out and Twin-View are simple to configure with NVIDIA cards.

-joe