Belmont & net options

Hello all,
	Curious if there are any belmont folks out there with some sort of
Broadband.  I'm going to be moving from Billerica to Belmont shortly and
it looks like verizon is the only BB game in town.  Comcast should with
anyluck (i.e. sales folks word) should be releasing cable modems in the
next 1-3 months as well as digital cable (perhaps due to cablevision being
the worst cable company ever).  I wanted to see if people think its worth
it to get a home phone & dsl or wait for comcast.

I have only ever had comcast and I have been happy with them.  Also if I
go the dsl route do I put the username & password into my linksys
router?  Will the linksys box keep the connection alive?

Thanks!
Anthony