Spam control again

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 12:03 pm, josephc at etards.net wrote:
> To those of you that support laws against SPAM as opposed to community
> initiative amongst ISP's, how do you contend to deal with SPAM that comes
> from outside of the US borders?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, MOST spam comes from Asia, which would be unaffected
> by any law passed by congress.

My approach, which will not work for everybody, is rather draconian.  I block
the entire TLD or classA/classB from either /etc/mail/access or in my
firewall.

So for instance, my /etc/mail/access has likes like:
.br                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.cn                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.jp                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.pt                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.ro                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.th                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.tr                             ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
20m.com                         ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
30m.com                         ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
addingallinreturn at earthlink.net ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.bt.com                         ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.btamail.net.cn                 ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
.btinternet.com                 ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
# CHINANET Guangdong province network 61.145.0.0 - 61.145.255.255
61.145                          ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"
#Comite Gestor da Internet no Brasil et al
200.174                         ERROR:"550 We don't accept mail from spammers"

my /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall.blockedsources (my firewall script calls this and
blocks all input from them) contains among other things:
#Kornet
203.249.0.0/16
#direct4optin
209.236.32.0/24
#hananet
210.94.0.0/24
210.94.1.0/24
210.94.2.0/24

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "I have no use for bodyguards, but I have a very special use
DK KD  for two highly trained certified public accountants."
DDDD                                             - Elvis Presley (1935-1977)