[OT] TIVO

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:12:05AM -0400, Duane Morin wrote:
> now I believe with their new upgrade you can use USB/ethernet.  I've
> never had a problem with it.

I have an earlier Tivo in which I put an ethernet card and I changed
the dialing prefix to the magic value to get it to use my DSL for
program information.  Worked great for months, then a few weeks ago I
got a message that daily "calls" were not getting through and that
Tivo was running out of programming information.  Strange.  I hooked
up the phone line again and am now going out the old way.

The Tivo is still making its regular DHCP requests over the ethernet,
but even with the special prefix it doesn't seem to even try to use
the ethernet anymore.  Dang.  Rebooted it even.

-kb, the Kent who needs to track this down.