ximian evolution

You have to route the mail through Comcast's outgoing mail server or
some other mail server AOL will accept.  In the account editor you need
select the Outgoing tab and make the server type SMTP and then put the
outgoing mail server name in.  (I've got Verizon DSL so I put
outgoing.verizon.net there and turn on the "Server needs authentication"
since they use authentication.)

AOL (and other ISPs) are getting pretty picky about where they accept
mail from to avoid as much spam as possible.