Speaking of mail etc

I use qmail. I like it. That being said, there's a lot wrong with it. It
is not user friendly to set up. A lot of functionality is missing, but
there are patches available to add them on. Sometimes this gets quite
clumsy. For instance Debian does a great job with its qmail installation,
but the patches it applies conflict with the TLS patches.

I use the Maildir format. This was a decision that I made, but it caused a
lot of pain. Pine is my mail client, and the choice of many users on my
system. Pine had to be patched to support maildir.

I use TMDA, as has been discussed on this list before.