Corporate Anti-Virus strategies

> I have no doubt that we will.  Anybody that says "Linux can't get viruses"
> is asking for it.  In a way it will be better because none of the
> individual components of Linux will have the same sort of monopoly that
> Windows does ("this worm hits postgres, but I'm running mysql!") so you're
> automaticlaly talking about a smaller scale.  But on the other hand it
> will be worse because there won't be one single entity to look to for
> fixes, and it may be more a case of trying to patch 100 small holes in the
> dam rather than 1 or 2 gaping ones.

Boy, I'll say.  One of our machines in Taiwan was cracked into by someone in
Hungary using one of the (unfortunately, too many) root exploits in the Samba
software.  Yes, I'm at fault for allowing access to the Samba port over the
Internet.  They changed the root password, and modified a dozen different
system files, including 'ifconfig' and 'ps'.

Trust no one!